SCHOTT International Graduate Program
Bachelor degree , Civil Engineering
Deadline Deadline: TBA
Our Business Unit Lighting and Imaging offers outstanding lighting and image transmission solutions for applications in the market of automotive, aviation, medical devices, as well as industrial and safety engineering. With production units in Europe and North America, and a worldwide sales organization, SCHOTT Lighting and Imaging is a leading supplier for fiber optic components.
The International Graduate, Applications Engineer/Sales position is designed to accelerate the early development of an Applications Engineer/Sales professional by offering the chosen candidate the opportunity to experience several rotational assignments within a number of SCHOTT’s business units. The position will provide the chosen candidate: the ability to “learn by doing”; greater exposure to various departments within the business and a better understanding of SCHOTT. An international assignment of 3 months is included in the program.
- Handles inquiries on OEM products and verifies technical feasibility. Clarifies technical questions with contacts in Technical Centers, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. Proposes solutions and provides cost estimations for quotations
- Responsible for technical negotiations of product specifications with customers observing the commercial objectives of the respective product
- Responsible for internal and external approvals for changes in product specifications and / or productions processes, materials and suppliers
- Leads or participates in projects on the basis of customer inquiries
- Performs competitive analyses, including benchmarking of products and technologies
- Analyze markets, technical trends and customer behavior as a basis for our Business Development activities
- Support measures to increase efficiency and productivity
- Reach excellence, apply your learnings in day-to-day challenges and make a difference to our company
- Responsibility for material process/warehouse controlling system/operations at productions