Senior Software Engineer
INFORMATICS / COMPUTER SCIENCES , Computer Engineering / Technical Informatics , Electrical Engineering
Deadline Deadline: TBA
Join our Future of IT (FOIT) team which is building products that enable flexible, cloud-based storage and advanced data management solutions. Dell is offering multi-cloud infrastructure that captures and secures the data control point by moving from data persistence and data processing to data activation.
The FOIT Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners. This includes the latest GUI frameworks, Kubernetes environments, advanced DevOps toolchains, and continuous deployment.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Hopkinton, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Remote US is an option as well.
What you’ll achieve
As a SeniorSoftware Engineer, you will drive efforts across design, development, validation, and dev-ops teams to accelerate product feature delivery to our customers. You will need to successfully deliver customer-facing functionality for well-defined features in a team environment and are expected to be familiar with state-of-the-art tools and processes; and have excellent written and verbal communications skills. We don’t work in silos here—you will understand the customer stories and have the opportunity to question and improve upon them.
- Develop a full stack cloud architecture for life cycle management of Dell storage and hyper-converged infrastructure products
- Work with a diverse team of architects and engineers both within and across product teams to collaboratively build a cohesive architecture
- Work with UX designers to develop a delightful customer experience
- Work with dev-ops team to ensure a continuous delivery of the product using agile methodology
- Mentor junior engineers to help them advance in their career
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 4+ years of experience in developing enterprise-class, distributed software solutions.
- Working knowledge of building scalable, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions using micro-services architecture.
- Demonstrated understanding in one of the key public cloud infrastructure technologies like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience using open-source databases such as PostgreSQL or equivalent & Experience developing and reviewing code written in modern programming languages.
- Hands on experience in using Data Structures, algorithms and object-oriented design using programming languages like Java, Python.
- Experience in management of containerized applications using Kubernetes, docker etc.
- Experience working in a geo-distributed team using Agile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.