Associate NOC Engineer, Graduate
Deadline Deadline: TBA
The IT Operations NOC Engineer will be the cornerstone of our continued efforts in the direction of high availability and performance of our IT Infrastructure. You will be a member of the organization where you will focus on maintaining Salesforce.com 's applications, servers, data and voice infrastructure.
The role is part of our 24/7 operations team and the chosen candidate will be working shift hours and will part of a global team across three sites to provide follow the sun support. This is day shift only, from Wednesdays to Saturdays 10AM-8PM. This shift does not change. As the NOC team is split across multiple global locations providing the follow-the-sun coverage allows us to minimize the requirement for engineers to work outside of business hours.
- Manage and maintain monitoring of corporate IT infrastructure (servers, storage, applications, network)
- Troubleshoot systems and storage issues impacting multiple users
- Troubleshoot network and voice issues impacting multiple users
- Control and coordinate IT Infrastructure changes performed simultaneously by multiple engineers
- Automate repetitive manual tasks and processes
- Work with vendors (Verizon, Cisco, Vmware,Dell etc) to maintain business continuity
- Manage tickets related, but not limited to, incidents, system(s) diagnostics/troubleshooting, network/system upgrades
- Minimize downtime by playing a critical role in incident management process
- Maintain documentation including designs, configurations, and infrastructure diagrams
- Perform systems, storage and network analysis for usage monitoring and capacity trending
- Analyze systems errors or anomalies, as well as specific network performance issues and/or error messages, in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality and assess trends that may ultimately result in degradation of service